Jules: Miles Morales Ultimate Spider-Man #2
The last issue was beyond solid. The last page left my jaw on the floor. Is Ultimate Peter Parker Back? Will Miles’ father come back? Miles has a whole lot to figure out! David Marquez owns up to his new Young Gun title. Bendis has honestly yet to slow down on this title. I am super stoked for this issue. You should be!
MILES MORALES: THE ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #2
BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (WRITER) • DAVE MARQUEZ (ARTIST)
VARIANT Cover by AMY REEDER
PART TWO OF THE BIGGEST SPIDER-MAN STORY OF THE YEAR “REVIVAL”
• After the mind-blowing reveal at the end of the first issue, miles life will NEVER be the same again.
• With SHIELD gone, the biggest villain in SPIDER-MAN history is out and nothing can stop him.
• Miles has made a huge choice about the woman he loves. Will he live to regret it?
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
Taylor: Original Sin #3
With our villains’ identities revealed, this issue will hopefully delve in to their motivations, all while our heroes are being exposed to some long-buried secrets. This issue should play an important role in fleshing out the plot of the overall book, and could go a long way towards establishing the event’s success or failure.
ORIGINAL SIN #3 (of 8)
JASON AARON (WRITER) • MIKE DEODATO (ARTIST)
Cover by JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO
VARIANT cover by Gabriele Dell’otto
VARIANT COVER BY ARTHUR ADAMS
TEASER VARIANT BY STEPHANIE HANS
ANSWERS AT ALL COSTS.
• In the wake of last issue’s explosion of secrets, the heroes of the Marvel U are reeling, leaving Nick Fury to stand alone.
• He Who Holds the Eye is still on the run, and now we meet his boss, the villainous mastermind behind the raid on the Watcher’s lair.
• And in deep space, the Winter Soldier leads a team that uncovers the most bizarre murder of all.
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
Christian: The New 52 – Futures End #5
It could have gone two ways with my pick this week, but since both of my choices are weekly books, there will be another one next week, so I flipped a coin and Batman Eternal lost out over The New 52 – Futures End #5. This title has been hit or miss in its first month, but the stage is set for something really big to go down in this issue. Mr. T is a badass mother – shut your mouth – and we hopefully see his evil, universe destroying tech this week.
THE NEW 52 – FUTURES END #5
Written by BRIAN AZZARELLO, JEFF LEMIRE, DAN JURGENS and KEITH GIFFEN
Art by JESUS MERINO and DAN GREEN
Cover by RYAN SOOK
On sale JUNE 4 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
Mr. Terrific unveils his latest technical achievement – but will it take over the DC Universe? Plus, Firestorm’s inner conflict explodes!
Gaumer: Iron Fist: The Living Weapon #3
There once existed a time at Marvel Comics when labels like writer, artist, cover artist, storyteller, and the like weren’t so damned important. Steranko, Kirby, Ditko. Yeah sure, these guys are artists, okay. But you know what else they were? Amazing writers! There’s a certain quality that a comic book adopts when there’s one person – a single creative mind – doing EVERYTHING on a title, and that’s exactly what we’ve been getting with Kaare Andrews’ Iron Fist: The Living Weapon. I’m hoping that the same creative synergy Andrews has been gifting readers in the first two issues continues in this book, and I’ll find out first thing Wednesday.
IRON FIST: THE LIVING WEAPON #3
KAARE ANDREWS (WRITER/ARTIST)
VARIANT cover by Jerome Opeña
K’UN LUN IN RUINS!
• Ninja nurses versus killers in suits!
• Our villain’s face revealed, and it’s one terribly close to Danny Rand’s heart!
32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99