Taylor: Captain Marvel and the Carol Corps #1
With so many Secret Wars tie-ins, it’s hard to know what’s going to be worth picking up. With this one, though,we have Kelly Sue Deconnick continuing her work with a character she knows inside and out, so I’m pretty confident that she’ll continue her usual strong work.
• Welcome to Hala Field, where being a part of the elite Carol Corps, requires guts, guile and a whole lot of grit. So put on your uniform and get ready for a high-flying Captain Marvel series years in the making.
David: 21st Century Tank Girl #1
Jamie Hewlett returns to Tank Girl! After a break of 20 years, artist extraordinaire Jamie Hewlett (GORILLAZ) is leaping back on the Tank Girl wagon, re-teaming with series co-creator Alan Martin to bring you a whole new take on the foul-mouthed, gun toting, swill-swigging hellion! Featuring riotous 100% original content from Hewlett & Martin along with contributions from a host of series stalwarts and newcomers, get your head down, put your hands over your private parts, and prepare for a chaotic collection of strips, pin-ups, and random carnage! Item Code: APR151703 In Shops: 6/10/2015 SRP: $3.99
Gaumer: Ghost Racers #1
Take a bunch of Ghost Rider of every variety, throw them into the Killoseum – Battleworld’s version of a coliseum, add a pich of Death Race and you have a whole lot of awesome for one Secret Wars tie-in. The only thing I’m worried about is there being TOO many Ghost Riders and TOO much brutal killing!
• Welcome to the scorching-hot track where cursed souls race at the speed of sin, anything and everything goes and the only rule is no rule–it’s the spectacle known as the GHOST RACES; the most hellish “entertainment” known to BATTLEWORLD!
• 1st place prize: Temporary freedom from the ARENA, but what happens to the unlucky and unholy losers?
• It’s all-out, high-speed warfare among the most bizarre and vicious GHOST RIDERS of the MARVEL UNIVERSE. Expect MANY familiar SKULLS!!
Adam: Weirdworld #1
I really don’t know all that much about this book, and honestly that is some of the appeal here. In an age where every major plot thread is spoiled weeks or months in advance, it it nice to actually go into a mainstream company book and not know the entire plot already. All I know is its Jason Aaron writting a book about a barbarian and that is enough to sell the book to me.
• A world of swords and sorcery and strange, perverted science. A world where one barbarian walks alone, on a dark and savage quest though all things weird and fantastic from throughout Marvel history.
• His name is Arkon. A lost man in a lost world. Follow him if you dare.
Jules: Ultimate End #2
As a fan of the Ultimate Universe since its beginning I am awaiting every issue as one of my favorite slices of Marvel’s Multiverse comes to an end. Thankfully I’m happy to see those at the helm of this one is the two that started the whole thing. It’s only fitting Bendis and Bagley end what they started so many years ago. I’m in it till the Ultimate End. It’s been a fun and wonderful journey and it seems only fitting that the Ultimate Universe’s biggest selling point was each end was final: and here it all ends for it.
• The countdown has begun
• An end of an era
• Who will survive?
Those are our picks, what’s on the top of your stack this Wednesday?