Jules: Daredevil #1
When Mark Waid first said he was ending his current run on Daredevil I was super sad. It would be an end to a very wonderful chapter in the The Man Without Fear’s life. Ironically, shortly thereafter he announced he would be writing this new run of Daredevil, taking to a place that Daredevil has not stepped foot in years…The West Coast. Daredevil in San Fran sounds like a furthered breath of air the character has needed. Not to take away from an already astounding run Waid just had with Matt Murdock in New York. I’m seriously looking forward to this fresh start.
MARK WAID • CHRIS SAMNEE (A/C)
VARIANT COVER BY PAOLO RIVERA
75TH ANNIVERARY VARIANT BY ALEX ROSS
75TH ANNIVERSARY SKETCH VARIANT BY ALEX ROSS
ANIMAL VARIANT BY CHRIS SAMNEE
YOUNG VARIANT BY SKOTTIE YOUNG
BECAUSE YOU DEMANDED IT!
Join Marvel’s fearless hero as he begins his most awe-inspiring adventure yet in the sunny city of San Francisco! Gifted with an imperceptible radar sense and a passion for justice, blind lawyer Matt Murdock—a.k.a. DAREDEVIL—protects the Golden City’s streets from all manner of evil. But big changes are in store for Matt Murdock as old haunts and familiar faces rise to give the devil his due. Hold on tight, because here comes Daredevil…the Man Without Fear!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
Gaumer: The Fuse #2
The first issue of this crime drama in space was way heavy on the crime drama, and needed more sci-fi elements to really separate itself from other titles in the genre. So I’m hoping that this ish takes some risks and gives readers something truly different. I’m reading this first because, if it doesn’t live up to expectations now, it may be the last time Fuse even makes it into my stack.
THE FUSE #2
story ANTONY JOHNSTON
art / cover JUSTIN GREENWOOD
MARCH 19 / 32 PAGES / FC / M / $3.50
“THE RUSSIA SHIFT,” Part Two
Two dead cablers. Two MCPD murder police. One of them is an FGU. One vic leads to Midway City Hall. The other leads into the cables of SOLAR 1. The LT is furious. I-SEEC won’t help them. But the ME can.
“Someone want to run all that by me again? In English?”
Taylor: Thor: God of Thunder #20
The next installment of Aaron and Ribic’s Thor: God of Thunder hits the shelves this week, giving us parallel stories from Thor’s present and future. The modern Thor’s struggles against the insidious Roxxon corporation got off to a good start last issue, and I’m anxious to see where that goes next. And if you aren’t excited by the prospect of All-Father Thor throwing down with future Galactus on the barren husk of Earth, you quite frankly are dead on the inside.
THOR: GOD OF THUNDER #20
JASON AARON • ESAD RIBIC (A/C)
VARIANT COVER BY Nic Klein
THE LAST DAYS OF MIDGARD Part Two
• Thor battles to save the Earth on two fronts.
• In the present day, Thor takes on Roxxon, the world’s most powerful and nefarious super-corporation. While in the far future, King Thor is all that stands between Old Galactus and the planet he’s been dying to eat for a very long time.
• Even if King Thor wins, is the Earth still doomed?
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
Bonus Pick: Ms. Marvel #2
Last month’s Ms. Marvel #1 brought us one of the most refreshing debuts to be seen in quite a while, and I hope to see this issue build off of that momentum. We’ll be picking right up where we left off as Kamala learns to cope with her mysterious new powers, and what a journey it promises to be!
MS. MARVEL #2
G. WILLOW WILSON • ADRIAN ALPHONA (A)
Cover by Jamie McKelvie
ARTIST VARIANT COVER BY JORGE MOLINA
• As seen in the New York Times, CNN and other media outlets the world-over, the all-new Ms. Marvel has made her thunderous debut!
• Kamala Khan’s very ordinary life has suddenly become extraordinary. Is she ready to wield these strange and immense new gifts? Or will the weight of the legacy before her be too much to handle?
• Critically acclaimed writer G. Willow Wilson (Air, Cairo) and fan-beloved artist Adrian Alphona (Runaways, Uncanny X-Force) bring you the groundbreaking Marvel series that has set the world abuzz. Don’t miss history in the making.
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99
Those are our picks, what’s on the top of your stack in comic shops this Wednesday?
This post brought to you by Comix City Too! in Madison Tennessee, Outright Geekery’s local comic shop of choice. Check out everything coming out this week in stores here, and be sure to get out to your local comic shop.